Sunday 29 July 2012

Product Review: Liz Earle Essentials Skincare

So Liz Earle products seem to have taken the blogging world by storm and I thought I'd weigh in with my opinion too! I had huge problems with acne when I was younger, so I am really careful about what I put on my face. I'm not really a big one for choosing products purely because they're natural, but I must admit it's nice to know that you're not putting a ton of nasty chemicals on your skin with the Liz Earle collection.

After exchanging a couple of emails with the sales team, they advised me on the best products for my skin, so I bought myself one of their little 'Try-Me' kits. As I'm still working on a student budget, I didn't really want to buy a set of full-size products unless I knew they would work for me!

Liz Earle Essentials Try-Me Kit

The kit comes with the famous Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (plus cloth), as well as the Instant Boost Skin Tonic (toner) and two different moisturisers (one for dry/sensitive and one for normal/combination skin). I also requested a sample of their moisturiser for oily skin, as I sometimes get a super-oily t-zone.

What did I think?
First impression of Liz Earle were excellent, as my products came in lovely packaging, with plenty of information about the rest of their skincare range, as well as some testers of their new make up collection.

I'm really glad I got the 'Try-Me' kit - The cleanser and toner left my skin feeling really lovely and clean, without that overly 'tight' feeling that I sometimes get with the harsher Clinique 3-step program. I'm not used to using a cloth for cleanser, but I was very impressed with the results! They advise that you wash your muslin cloth after every 3-4 uses, which I know is super important if you are prone (like me) to spots. I would probably advise get a couple of extra cloths so that you are never without or tempted to over-use. Sadly, however, even the light formulation of the Skin Repair moisturiser left my t-zone feeling a little oily. I hoped it might sink in over time, but I just felt my skin was still a bit greasy. All the products had gorgeous scents and felt lovely to use, but I guess the moisturiser just isn't for me.

Would I re-purchase?
As I said above,  the moisturiser is a definite no - I much prefer my Clinique Dramatically Different gel. However, I have re-purchased the cleanser and toner however, which have now replaced my Clinque cleanser and toner.

Overall I loved the Liz Earle experience - great customer service, packaging and (most importantly) I loved the products!

Have you tried any Liz Earle products? What did you think?

Sarah x

1 comment:

  1. Fab review, I love Liz Earle products. At the moment I'm using Clinique but alternate between the two.

    Sadie x

    www.brandnewbutterflywings.com

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!