Tuesday 31 July 2012

It's all scone wrong...

So I tried to come over all 'domestic goddess' and bake some scones this afternoon and boy did it hammer home just how bad I really am at cooking! I swear I followed the great Delia Smith's recipe TO THE LETTER and they still turned out looking more like biscuits than scones. They were tiny and flat (and yes I did use self-raising flour) and generally a huge disappointment. I always find myself lusting after those amazing baked goods people seem to be whipping up left, right and centre and then posting on their blogs but this experience has reinforced my belief that baking simply is NOT for me!

So, to cheer myself up I naturally spent some quality time over on Pinterest where I found a few of these beauties:

(credit)

(credit)
(credit)
(credit)


Drooling yet? I know I am! They all look a little different, but they certainly look nothing like my weird scone-biscuit hybrids! Ah well, I guess I'll stick to fairy cakes from now on...

Does your baking ever go drastically wrong or does the finished product look like the ones above? Any fail-safe recipes I could try?

Sarah x


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE scones.

    I'm fairly lucky with baking, one out of ten experiments end in disaster, but I was taught tricks of the trade by my late Nana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, they're the best...I guess I should just stick to ones from the shop ha!

      Sarah x

      Delete

Make my day and leave me a comment!