Friday 10 February 2012

Product Review: Lush 'Sweet Lips' Lip Scrub

I haven't bought anything from Lush in a while and so when I popped in the other day I thought I'd get myself a little treat. I often get peely skin on my lips, especially in cold weather, so I decided to give this lip scrub a go.


The thought of a 'vanilla and chocolate' flavour for a lip scrub actually makes me feel a little sick, and yet since I was wandering around the shop in a bit of a Lush-induced daze I didn't even notice that it said that. However when I actually tried the scrub it was a lovely flavour (perhaps a little too lovely since for a fleeting moment I actually contemplated eating a little)!

In terms of usability I did find the scrub a little tricky. It wasn't really bound together with anything and it was literally like rubbing dry grains of sugar onto my lips. I ended up with a lot of the stuff down my front and in the sink!

Despite that little hitch I did really enjoy the finished result once I rinsed off the remained product after giving my lips a good old scrub. They really were smooth! I slathered them in Carmex (my favourite lipbalm ever) for a bit of extra TLC and left it at that.

That evening I wore bright red lipstick on a night out and it was so much easier to apply. I often find that because my lips are a bit dry or peely the lipstick gets stuck and ends up looking a little on the manky side, but using the scrub earlier in the day meant that I had a great base for a bold lip colour. Well done Lush!

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment!