Monday 21 November 2011

Recipe: Cajun Chicken with Pineapple Rice

My friends threw a little 'Come Dine With Me'-style party the other evening and we all had to take a dish. Now I am not the niftiest in the kitchen, but had a crack at it and this was the dish I made! I must admit I was pretty pleased with it, as it's tasty and actually quite healthy (although the mountains of yummy pudding after certainly weren't!). The only thing this bad boy doesn't win any points for is looks - I actually won 'Least Aesthetically Pleasing'! But anyway I though I'd share the recipe:

Cajun Chicken with Pineapple Rice – serves 4

Ingredients
·         Olive oil
·         1 red pepper
·         1 small tin of sweetcorn
·         2 tbsp Cajun spice mix
·         250g long grain rice
·         1 chicken stock cube
·         1 small tin pineapple chunks in natural juice
·         Chicken (standard pack)

Recipe
1.      Heat oil in pan and fry diced pepper, sweetcorn and half of spice mix
2.      Mix up stock cube in 700ml of boiling water, then add this and rice to pan.
3.      Bring to the boil, gently stir in and then lower the heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4.      Meanwhile, cut chicken into chunks and rub in the remaining spice mix.
5.      Heat oil in a separate pan and fry chicken.
6.      Gently stir in pineapple chunks and juice into rice and allow to simmer for a further 3-4 minutes.
7.      Add chicken and serve.
8.      Enjoy!

It's also great cold if you fancy taking the leftovers for lunch the next day!

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment!