Friday 23 September 2011

Specs Appeal?

A little post today that was inspired by Selin over at The Tuesday Girl, who posted about making peace with her glasses. Apparently today is 'Proud Of Your Specs' Day, at the behest of Gok Wan. Now I certainly don't feel proud of my specs, in fact I do just about everything I can to avoid wearing the things. I can't wear contacts and so my life is, for the most part, a rather blurry experience. Apart from driving and times when I need to read at a distance, my glasses stay firmly in their (admittedly very pretty) Cath Kidston case. Some people manage to work the geek look, or even just look downright hot in their specs, but I'm just not one of them. Looks aside they always slip off as well. I know life would be easier if I just put the darn things on my face every now and then, but I don't! There would certainly be a drastic reduction in cases of mistaken identity but I'm used to the embarrassment by now, and this would of course provide most people in my town with a lot less entertainment.

Nope, I'm afraid I still don't think I can pull off the sexy specs look, but in the spirit of 'Proud Of Your Specs' Day I will at least let my glasses have one little outing...

Happy now Gok?
There you go, the glasses are outed! One day we may finally reconcile our differences, but until then I'll just pop them back in my handbag...

Sarah x

4 comments:

  1. Yay, seeing this post made me smile! I bet you still look pretty in your glasses but I feel the same as you in that I don't think they suit me, despite what others might tell me. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you :) one day we will fully appreciate our specs!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you look lovely in your glasses, and I guess they are necessary if you want to see better. Fortunately I don't need them, as I have tried other people's glasses and they do not suit me at all. If I did need them I would probably have to wear contacts!

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah! I think glasses are a bit like hats...some people can pull them off and some just can't. Personally, neither work for me!! Had a little look at your blog and your Prague pics have made me so jealous!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave me a comment!