Wednesday 21 September 2011

The Art of Distraction

So in an attempt to distract myself from all the important things I should be doing, I hit Boots for a teeny bit of retail therapy. Here's a pic of my purchases...


Okay, so I lie the toothpaste (yawn) came from the Pound Shop. But these are a few things I've been wanting to try for a while. The shampoo and conditioner were on offer and after borrowing a little of my friend's 'Nourish Me Truly' conditioner I was hooked! I'm a little sceptical of the'adaptive' technology, but hey they were on offer and I've nearly finished my current shampoo. Also I barely ever use conditioner so I thought it would probably be a good habit to get into, since my short hair often requires heat styling etc. The Garnier 'Miracle Skin Perfector' has also been on my list of things to try, as I've heard a lot of hype about 'B. B.' creams. I have quite a lot of scarring and unevenness in my skintone, so will be interested to see if this truly does what it says on the tin. Finally I've been hunting for little skin treat and after reading Zoella's review of Soap and Glory's 'The Fab Pore' I figured I'd give it a little try, since I had some Advantage Card points going handy (gosh I love those things!).

I'll maybe give a little review of these things, so stay tuned!

There was also a food and drink festival on in town, so I couldn't resist getting myself a little lunch. I had a samosa platter from an Indian stall, which had vegetable crisps, chickpea curry and a samosa...absolutely delicious!

YUM!
I'm off to see Slow Club tonight and I am SO excited! I've waited so long to see them live and after they postponed their May show, I can't believe I finally get to see them. I'll be reviewing them for a music website I write for called Soundsense Online (www.soundsenseonline.co.uk), so I'll post that when it's done for you music lovers. 

Sarah x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment!